ABSOLUTELY NO SMOKING
Or other tobacco products for 72 hours following surgery. Smoking slows down the healing process and you may develop a “dry socket”.
- Do not over exert yourself with strenuous activity or exercise for 48 hours.
- Do not take aspirin or aspirin products for 48 hours.
- Do not use a straw to drink beverages and avoid carbonated beverages
(sodas, pops). No alcohol for 48 hours or if you are on a prescription pain medication.
- Do not eat spicy, hot or hard foods for 72 hours.
- Stay hydrated and increase your liquid intake with water, juices, milk, protein shakes, energy drinks (like Gatorade or Powerade).
- Soft diet like eggs, mash potatoes, grits, rice, oatmeal.